Canadian Science Fiction and Fantasy Association
Annual General Meeting
Canvention 37 will be hosted by Hal-Con 2017 in Halifax, Nova Scotia, September. 22-24, 2017. The AGM will be held Sunday, September 24.
The Agenda for the AGM can be found below.
In addition to the usual voting in person, CSFFA members will be able to vote online.
1. The quorum required at the start of a CSFFA AGM is twelve members in good standing present in person or by electronic means. Anyone may attend the AGM but only individuals who were CSFFA members as of September 2, 2017 may vote.
2. Voting may be done online by Tuesday September 20th or in person at the AGM. There are no proxies allowed under the current bylaws, as approved by CSFFA members on October 5, 2013. Under current federal law, no new agenda items requiring a vote may be added once the formal AGM notice has been distributed. Similarly, no motion can be amended. Items may be withdrawn. Discussion items are allowed.
3. In-person voting will be done with voting cards. Each member can hold only one voting card. Members attending in person who have not voted in advance must check in at the AGM registration desk to receive their voting card.
2017 AGM Agenda
- Welcome and Confirmation of Quorum
- Approval of Minutes of Sunday, August 14, 2016
MOVED that the minutes of Sunday, August 14, 2016 be approved.
*Note: A copy of last year’s minutes is here.
- Chair’s Report on Achievements and Plans: Much of this year’s tasks have been involved in supporting our complex, elderly and fraught website. Our need for a stable and reliable website for our cross-country organization is obvious. On behalf of this we have contracted to have a new, stable and reliable website built for us, ready and tested before the new year.
- MOVED that we accept the Financial Statement for 2017. Here is the link to the first six month financials.
- MOVED that we approve the exemption under subsection 160(2) of the Canada Not -for-Profit Corporations Act**Note: this exemption allows us to hold Canvention any time during the year, not just in the first 6 months of the year.
- MOVED that we ratify Board Actions in 2015-2016
- MOVED that we accept Can-Con 2019 as the site for the 2019 Canvention
*Note: The bid from Can-Con is here.
- MOVED that we elect as Board members:
*Note: Their bios and photos are here. Shannon Allen, Lloyd Penney, and Clint Budd
- Questions and discussions from Members and Attendees