Our eligibility lists are open for any CSFFA account holder to submit works they feel should be nominated for this year’s Aurora awards. Works must have been originally published or done in 2016. To submit items please first log into your CSFFA account and then go to our eligibility list page.
Nominations for this year’s awards will open on March 31st and all submissions must be done by May 6th, 2017 at midnight EDT. To nominate you will need to have a paid 2017 CSFFA membership.
AGM Voting results can be found here:
2017 society memberships can be purchased starting in January. Accounts can be created anytime.
For complete results& statistics: http://www.prixaurorawards.ca/aurora-awards/
The following is the complete list of winners:
- Best English Novel: A Daughter of No Nation by A.M. Dellamonica, Tor Books
- Best English YA Novel: An Inheritance of Ashes by Leah Bobet, Scholastic Canada/Clarion Books
- Best English Short Fiction: “Waters of Versailles” by Kelly Robson, Tor.com
- Best English Poem/Song: “Origami Crane / Light Defying Spaceship” by Naru Dames Sundar, Liminality, Issue 5 Autumn
- Best English Graphic Novel: The Lady ParaNorma by Vincent Marcone, ChiZine Publications
- Best English Related Work: Second Contacts edited by Michael Rimar & Hayden Trenholm, Bundoran Press
- Best Visual Presentation: Orphan Black, Season 3, John Fawcett and Graeme Manson, Temple Street Productions
- Best Artist: Erik Mohr, covers for ChiZine Publications
- Best Fan Publication: Speculating Canada edited by Derek Newman-Stille
- Best Fan Organizational: Randy McCharles, Chair, When Words Collide, Calgary
- Best Fan Related Work: Derek Newman-Stille, Speculating, Canada on Trent Radio 92.7 FM
Thanks to all those that voted using our online forms. The in-person AGM will be held at 9am on Saturday, August 14th in the Canmore room at the Delta Calgary South hotel. This is part of When Words Collide (www.whenwordscollide.org.) The AGM is open and free to all.
If you are unable to attend this year’s AGM at When Words Collide there are just a few days left to vote. Our online forms make it easy and quick. Your feedback is important to us. We no longer allow proxy voting. You must either vote online or in-person on Sunday August 14th at 9am in the Canmore room at the Delta Calgary South hotel.
Online voting closes at midnight EDT on Tuesday, August 9th, 2016.
The agenda for this year’s vote has some important items that will impact a number of the fan categories. Full details can be found at: http://www.prixaurorawards.ca/2016-agm-agenda/
To vote online for this year’s AGM log into your account and then go to: http://www.prixaurorawards.ca/agm-voting-page/
Voting is now closed for the 2016 Aurora Awards. Thank you to all of those that participated. The winners will be announced at the awards ceremony at When Words Collide in Calgary on August 13th.
Voting closes at the end of day on Saturday, July 23rd at midnight EDT. That’s 9pm for those in BC, 10pm in Alberta and 1am on Sunday for those in Nova Scotia.
As an added incentive, Kobo Canada is now sponsoring a prize of a free Kobo e-reader that will be drawn at When Words Collide (www.whenwordscollide.org ) for one of our members who voted for this year’s awards.
Your vote matters. Download/Read/Vote. Check out the new Best Visual Presentation category.
Special Notice: Our AGM online voting forms are now available. We are making some significate changes to the Fan categories for 2017.
The agenda can be found here: http://www.prixaurorawards.ca/2016-agm-agenda/. Remember, this is different than voting for the awards. Both are important and both can be done now. A full email about the AGM will be sent to members on Sunday.
We would like to announce that CSFFA and the Aurora awards have a special new sponsor. We are pleased to announce that Kobo Canada is now sponsoring a prize of a free Kobo e-reader for a 2016 CSFFA member who votes for this year’s awards.
We would like to thank Mark Lefebvre, Director, Self-Publishing & Author Relations with Kobo Canada (Mark Leslie for his readers) who has arranged for this wonderful prize. Mark will draw the winning name at When Words Collide in Calgary at the Guest of Honour Keynote speeches, Friday night, August 12th at 7pm. When Words Collide / Canvention 36, www.whenwordscollide.org.
All members of CSFFA who vote for this year’s awards will be automatically entered into the draw. If you do not wish to be included into the draw please email us. You do not have to be in attendance at the draw to win.